EOL/RAF Aircraft Platform Software Product Guide
This page describes the software that has been developed for internal use and is
available to outside users.
NCAR-RAF/nimbus netCDF file conventions/format.
Examples for extracting Time from the netCDF file.
Please visit the new EOL software download center.
ncplot time-series plotting: https://github.com/ncar/ncplot
"git clone https://github.com/ncar/ncplot"
ncpp size-distribution plotting: https://github.com/ncar/ncpp
"git clone --recursive https://github.com/ncar/ncpp"
NetCDF Utility programs: https://github.com/ncar/aircraft_nc_utils
"git clone --recursive https://github.com/ncar/aircraft_nc_utils"
OAP Utility programs (including xpms2d): https://github.com/ncar/aircraft_oap
"git clone --recursive https://github.com/ncar/aircraft_oap"
- A sample netCDF file
LRT = Low RaTe. All data has been averaged to achieve 1 sample per second.
HRT = High RaTe. Variables at different rates, mostly at 25 samples per second. Rates achieved through FIR filtering.
- Our primary development platform is Redhat Enterprise 7.
- ncplot, ncpp, and xpms2d have been ported to a number of Unix platforms, including MacOS. All of the programs will require editing the Makefile to suit your environment.
- All the programs will require that you have installed the
netCDF library from Unidata (available via anonymous ftp from ftp.unidata.ucar.edu).
We have developed a set of conventions for aircraft data; NCAR-RAF netCDF conventions.
- For all the GUI-based programs, you will need Motif 1.2 (or greater) installed on your system. Motif is available and packaged as openmotif for Linux and MacOS.
ncplot still uses make for building. The rest of the above use scons. If you just type scons, they will build in place into a bin directory. If you prefer to install them at the system level type scons --prefix=/opt/local install
The following environment variables are used by the programs:
setenv DATA_DIR /my/data/directory
setenv LPDEST my_printer # May already be set.
setenv HOME ~ # Should already be set.
- If the menu and button text shows up as squares, then some fonts are missing.
'yum install "xorg-x11-fonts*"' should solve the problem.
For further information contact:
email Chris Webster
National Center for Atmospheric Research
EOL/Computing, Data and Software Facility
EOL Home Page |
NCAR Home Page
Fri Jun 22 08:50:05 MDT 2018