On-Line SHEBA C-130 Data Documentation
Listed on this page are links to several documents which provide
information on the quality and contents of the SHEBA C-130 data set.
In order to gain access to all of the available information and to
make best possible use of the C-130 data set, users are strongly
encouraged to click on each of the links below and print out
the information presented on the resulting Web page. By printing
out all of the available information, users will be able to assemble
for themselves a complete data documentation package.
Questions regarding the information presented on this page and/or
problems discovered in the C-130 data set should be brought to the
attention of Krista Laursen, the SHEBA C-130 project manager via
or phone: (303)497-2003.
- Updated Pages on this web site
This page has a summary of updates to this project's web site.
Next to each link in the page is the date of its most recent change.
- SHEBA Low-Rate netCDF Data File
- Available Low-Rate Data Files
- Example Production Output netCDF File Header (Low Rate)
- Available High-Rate Data Files
- Example Production Output netCDF File Header (High Rate)
- Available Processed MCR Data
- Data Tape Log
- Data Quality Summary
The following are links to five PostScript files (left) and five Acrobat
Portable Document Format files (right) for the figures referred to in the
Data Quality Summary. To download a file, click on the relevant link (or
hold the <SHIFT> key and click on a link). An "Unknown File Type"
window (or something similar) will then pop up. Click on "Save File" which
will enable you to save the file to your system. Execute these steps for
all five files.
- Data Quality Overview (DQO) Sheets
- Quality Assurance of Cloud and Aerosol
- Research Flight Cloud Pass Summaries
- Summary of IRU Performance
- Aircraft Research Instrumentation
- Processed Variables List
- Video Tape Log (pdf file)
- C-130 Instrumentation Locations
- netCDF Information
- RAF Software Product Guide
- RAF Technical Bulletins
The above link goes to the main RAF Bulletins web page. Users are
encouraged to go to this page to access and print out copies of those
bulletins which are of interest to them.
RAF Home Page
Tue Aug 24 15:32:20 MDT 2004