T-28 Participation in the Real-time Analysis and Prediction of Storms (RAPS) Project
The T-28 airplane was deployed at Greeley, Colorado between June 15-27, 1992, for the purpose
of instrument testing and to participate in a program which would test multi-parameter radar
hail detection algorithms. T-28 penetrations focused on storms located in a region between
radars northwest and northeast of Denver, and the CHILL radar northeast of Greeley.
The standard package of instruments provided for the
determination of temperature, vertical wind, electric fields, water content, etc. The
T-28 carried a PMS 2D-C optical probe.
- Flight 587 - 6/21/92 00:02-01:03 UTC
- Flight 588 - 6/21/92 23:56-01:27 UTC
- Flight 589 - 6/22/92 23:50-01:06 UTC
- Flight 590 - 6/24/92 21:05-23:15 UTC
- Flight 591 - 6/26/92 23:20-00:59 UTC
Summary report of T-28 deployment to Colorado (June 1992)
RAPS 1992 Data Access
Other Project Web Pages