OHATS04: Logbook Entries

OHATS04: fluxmet Messages: 2 Entries..

Return to Logbook Contents Page
Entry Date Title Site Author #Graphics
33 Mon 13-Sep-2004WHOI data logger off linetowerhorst
29 Mon 30-Aug-2004WHOI mini-node downtowerhorst

33: fluxmet, Site tower, Mon 13-Sep-2004 11:55:14 EDT, WHOI data logger off line
Janet Fredericks sent the following email on 9/9/04 at 7:29

RE:  mini=node on port 1 (Jim's mininode) ... I shutdown and turned off the power ... it took me until just before 9 this AM to get it back up .. I power cycled ... waited ... and tried pinging with each effort.  I tried about 4 times last night and twice this AM, before it finally gave in and came up!   Sorry for the outage and please know that I did the best I could to get it going ASAP.  Eric, your data should now show up.   On your internal logger, the gap should only be from about 6pm last night until about 9am this AM ... the 2bo had been on since Fri eve (about 6PM), just not seen by Jim's logger prior to last night.

RE:  port 18 ... I hope you didn't think that you needed to do something on port 18.  I notified you about the issues on port 1, since I believe you're using data being logged by that port.   I was confused about receiving your message about not letting you know the status and turning port 18 on and off ... maybe we should talk when you get back into the lab.  If it was just a miscommunication because I didn't specify which mininode I was referring to, I apologize and will be more careful in the future.

Janet

29: fluxmet, Site tower, Mon 30-Aug-2004 12:03:19 EDT, WHOI mini-node down

Jim wrote:

> We are trying to re-establish communication with the mini-node
that is logging the MotionPak data.  We'll swap it out the next
chance we get if we don't succeed.  All the signals you are missing
are powered and logged by this mini-node.

Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2004 13:17:45 -0400
From: "James B. Edson"
To: horst@ucar.edu
Subject: Re: accelerometer and flux data stopped

Janet and Steve got the mini-node up and running again.  It turns out
that there is a certain sequence that must be followed since we added an
ozone sensor to this mini-node.  Janet, Steve and I are all familiar
with this now, so we should be able to keep things running thru October.