Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 11:56:05 -0600
From: Brigitte Baeuerle
To: ihop@atd.ucar.edu
Subject: IHOP Planning Workshop Agenda

Dear IHOP planners,

We're looking forward to your participation in the 24-25 April planning meeting in Boulder. Our focus will be on the experimental design. Please see http://www.atd.ucar.edu/dir_off/projects/2002/IHOPwsApr01/agenda.pdf for a draft agenda.

In preparation for this meeting, we ask that you supply us with your needs for the expected instrumentation. Please see http://www.atd.ucar.edu/dir_off/projects/2002/graphics/IHOPinstruments.pdf for a list of potential instrumentation and http://www.atd.ucar.edu/dir_off/projects/2002/graphics/IHOPmap.pdf for a basemap. Please let us know if there are modifications to the instrument list. With your scientific objectives in mind, please

If you have specific scientific objectives that you'd like to meet for IHOP, please email a title and schematic diagram summary of your experimental design to the working group facilitators before tax day, Monday, 16 April. Please be concise. The facilitators will use this information to plan for the upcoming meeting. Please choose the working group to which you're most closely connected. If you are unable to attend the meeting but wish to provide input to the experimental design, please inform your group's facilitators and they will ensure that your interests are represented.

The facilitators for the working groups are:

QPF: Steve Koch (koch@fsl.noaa.gov) and Fred Carr (fcarr@ou.edu)
CI: Conrad Ziegler (conrad.ziegler@sauron.nssl.noaa.gov) and David Kingsmill (davidk@dri.edu)
ABL: Peggy LeMone (lemone@ucar.edu) and Ken Davis (davis@essc.psu.edu)

We'd like to invite you to join us for a buffet dinner at the Mesa Lab the evening of 24 April. Thus, if you plan to attend but have not yet RSVP'd, please do so by emailing baeuerle@ucar.edu. You can view the current list of attendees at: http://www.atd.ucar.edu/dir_off/projects/2002/IHOPwsApr01/participants.html. We require this information to adequately plan for the dinner.

We look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks. Please get your experimental design input to the facilitators as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Dave & Tammy