From - Fri May 04 20:33:29 2001
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 14:33:28 -0600
From: David Parsons
To: Cyrille Flamant
CC: Brigitte Baeuerle , ihop@atd.ucar.edu
Subject: Re: [Ihop] Urgent - IHOP Funding Issues

Dear IHOP participants-

This message is urgent. Please take a minute to read and answer this message.

After reading Cyrille's email, let there be no confusion on what we need from you before the 10 May interagency meeting. To be more exact, we need this material by first thing Friday at the latest.

1. For all instrument PIs we need a bottom line number on what you think you it will cost for you to participate in the field phase. By all instrument PIs I mean French, German, Canadian, US and all agencies (NOAA, NSF, and NASA) including any potential recent potential additions (i.e., NAST and the French winds systems). As an aside I did not receive information on French winds system until after the meeting. How large is this system, could it fly on the P3 etc.

2. To issues that I have been asked to address at this meeting is what IHOP will do for operational forecast efforts and for the satellite communities. Thus for NOAA and NASA participants in particular, please send me your ideas on these two points in the form of a one or two sentence bullet items. I will compile these ideas, along with my own, into two viewgraphs, one devoted to each idea. For the forecast impact, I will incorporate some material from the USWRP implementation plan, but for the satellite impact I look for help from all, but in particular from the NESDIS, NASA and U Wisconsin participants (note I have already received some input from Wisonsin, but more could be helpful). Contributions to general NASA goals are appreciated also under this satellite category.

Thank you for all your help and your input at the meeting. We are also compiling a instrument priority list by research components. We took good notes but the facilitators may also wish to send summaries of what they presented in the combined sessions.

Dave