IHOP 2002 DATA POLICY AND PROTOCOL
- All Investigators participating in IHOP 2002 must agree to promptly submit their data to the IHOP 2002 Data
Archive to facilitate intercomparison of results, quality control checks and inter-calibrations, as
well as an integrated interpretation of the combined data set.
- All data shall be promptly provided to other IHOP 2002 investigators upon request. A list of IHOP 2002
Investigators will be maintained by the IHOP 2002 Project Office and will include the Principle
Investigators (PIs) directly participating in the field experiment as well as collaborating scientists
who have provided guidance in the planning of IHOP 2002 activities.
- During the initial data analysis period (one year after the data were collected), no data may be
provided to a third party (journal articles, presentations, research proposals, other investigators)
without the consent of the Investigator who collected the data. This initial analysis period is
designed to provide an opportunity to quality control the combined data set as well as to provide
the Investigators ample time to publish their results.
- All data will be considered public domain after one year following the end of the IHOP 2002 field
- Any use of the data will include either acknowledgment (i.e. citation)
or co-authorship at the discretion of the investigator who collected the data.